1. All nationals are allowed except countries mentioned in alert no.11 to enter Sri Lanka with online ETA for the purpose of tourism. Accordingly, ETA applicants are strictly advised to follow the instructions below during the Application process.
2. It is strongly advised to all applicants, before requesting ETA permission to consult the airlines with permission & approval for departure to Sri Lanka from those countries and get directions and check the flights availability in advance to apply ETA to avoid unnecessary payments on the official ETA site. As you embark on your journey to explore the wild and wonderful we would like to invite you to visit www.srilanka.travel\helloagain to learn about ┤things you need to know to ensure that you have an amazing time that is So Sri Lanka. You should have a confirmed booking in a safe and secure certified, Level 1 hotel for the initial 14 days of your stay, visit www.srilanka.travel\helloagain for information. These hotels are well trained and equipped to ensure that you have a safe yet an amazing time in the paradise island. All visas must be applied online through the Immigration ETA portal. Before you apply for your visa, you need to have a confirmed hotel booking, pre-purchased PCR tests and a mandatory COVID-19 Insurance Cover. Contact your ?Safe and Secure Level 1? hotel when making your booking. The hotel will issue a reference number which will be automatically checked with your passport during the application process of ETA. Please be noted that, this is a mandatory requirement and if you didn't follow the aforementioned procedure prior to applying for the visa, your visa will not be approved and the visa fee will not be refunded. All preparations have been made to ensure you have a safe, secure and an amazing holiday in the paradise island. We are so looking forward to welcoming you!!
3. Under any circumstance On arrival ETA will not be issued to any tourist and all airlines are strictly advised to follow the guidelines issued by CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY OF SRI LANKA FOR LANDING PERMISSIONS and check the ETA before boarding passengers to Sri Lanka.
4. It will be Noticed the approval of ETA by an email to the applicants who have obtained that ETA permit will be allowed to Land to Sri Lanka only for the truly purpose of tourist, subject to the Government health quarantine procedures and Immigration & Emigration Regulations.
Alert 11 (2021.01.16 00:00)
Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Ghana
Visitors from Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Ghana, who intend to apply ETA may apply through Sri Lankan sponsor for their ETA from the Head Office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration Sri Lanka.
Alert 10 (2020.12.18 20:00)
Russia,Ukraine & Kazakhstan including Nationals which are described in Alert 10 and currently resides in Russia, Ukraine or Kazakhstan Except All other countries
Russia, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Armenia, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Latvia, Georgia and Kazakhstan Nationals currently reside in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan are allowed to enter Sri Lanka with Tourist ETA for the purpose tourist. Accordingly, ETA applicants are strictly advised to follow the instructions below.
1. Only the above nationals whose are currently residing in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan are allowed to apply for the visa.
2. It is strongly advised before requesting ETA permission, all applicants should consult with the airlines which have permission & approval for departure to Sri Lanka from those three countries and get directions and check the availability of the flights in advance to avoid unnecessary payments in official ETA site.
3. It will be Noticed the approval of ETA by an email and applicants who have obtained that ETA permit will be allowed to come to Sri Lanka only by approved carrier which is departed only from above three countries ,subject to the Government health quarantine procedures and Immigration & Emigration Regulations.
Alert 09 (2020.12.13 20:00)
All Countries Except Russia,Ukraine & Kazakhstan.
Prevailing situation arouse due to the Covid 19 outbreak, please refrain applying for ETA with effect from 2020.12.13 23:59 hrs (Local time in Sri Lanka) until further notice. Any inconvenience caused in this regard is highly regretted.